Cockatiel with its loving nature make one of the most popular companions in the New World of parrots. You just have to make sure you’re the best guardian too. That being said, cockatiels are pretty selective not only in feeding habits but also when they are caged. Our editors have rounded up the best bird cages for cockatiels on Amazon.
5 Best Bird Cages for Cockatiels – 2021
YAHEETECH 59-inch Dome Open Top Large Medium Parrot Bird Cage On Stand for Sun Parakeets Conures Quaker Parrot Rolling Cockatiel Bird Cage
cage with casters
The cage is made of robust metal frame one that can last years without any trouble whatsoever. Unlike other cages which are pretty smelly this particular one doesn’t only non toxic epoxy paint, it is highly resistant to corrosion. The cage is highly mobile as it effortlessly moves on its efficient wheels. Last but not the least, the mesh panel is removable making it easy for you to clean it up.
- The cage is tall and pretty good looking for your cockatiels.
- It comes with the non toxic paint one that is corrosive resistant too.
- It moves on its wheels. Easy to move.
- The cage has brakes too.
- Pretty easy to clean.
- The mesh panel is removal.
- Plenty of space for your cockatiels to fly.
- You can place in your living room. It won’t occupy too much space.
- Most suitable for small birds.
- You have to assemble the legs and bottom rag together.
Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Bird Cage Black Hammertone 3151BLK
The cage is all robust and solid unlike most other cages within the same price range. The solid black wrought iron holds the frame. The comes with four stainless cups with two wooden perches. There is also a playtop that will encourage your birdie to play at will. It’s not a bad choice especially if you’re planning to keep a pair of cockatiels. Perhaps thanks to the playtop which provides an ultimate cool shade to the cage. Should you decide to shift the cage to the garage your cockatiel won’t get upset. It’s super easy to move.
- Extremely sturdy frame with a variety of colors.
- The cage has casters so you can move it wherever you want to.
- The playtop turns out to be a cool shade for the cage and your cockatiel.
- The cage isn’t without perches. It has two wooden perches in order to give your birdie a natural feel.
- The cage has push buttons so your birdie won’t escape.
- Pretty simple assembly.
- Assembly is just a little time consuming. It will probably take 30 to 40 minutes to assemble the entire cage.
- Premium price.
YAHEETECH 41-inch Open Top Medium Parakeet Bird Cages for Parakeets Finches Canaries Lovebirds Small Quaker Parrots Cockatiels Budgie Green Cheek Conure Travel Pet Flight Bird Cage Birdcage
This one is probably the cheapest of all cages for cockatiels. However, the quality of this cage isn’t that bad at all. This is the best budget cage for your small birdies. It offers quite a reasonable space so much so that a pair can easily live in here. The size is big but the footprints aren’t that huge so you can place inside kitchen or living room. You do not have to place it in the veranda.
- Best Budget cage.
- Assembly in just a few minutes.
- The cage stands 3 feet in height which is just about the height of expensive cages.
- The cage comes with four water dishes.
- Your cockatiels can take a flight within the cage. There is a reasonable space for them to exercise.
- There is a large door on the front side of the cage.
- Extremely lightweight cage.
- Very easy to clean.
- The cage offers as many as 10 doors to allow you to place water or food inside the cage.
- Assembly in just a few minutes.
- The door doesn’t seem to work smoothly.
- It is made of light cage wire so your kids can damage it.
Prevue Hendryx Flight Cage
Detachable roof top
The Prevue Hendryx is a pretty good looking cage one that complements your home furniture. The cage has two cup or water feeders but unlike other cages, these feeders have lids too so the droppings do not fall into it. It’s almost a four-story building in that the cage has four perches. The horizontal bars on both sides of the cage allows you to attach bird feeders easily. The cage is spacious for your birdie can afford to perch as well as play with some toys inside it. It has detachable top in case you want your cockatiel to fly freely in the room. Four large doors slide up.
- You can take off the roof of the cage. It comes in handy for those who wants to hold the birdie or let it enjoy the freedom.
- The cage comes with four large doors; each of the two doors have locking mechanism too.
- It also offers four pine perches along with two plastic feeders.
- Cleaning is pretty easy too. All you have to do is to take out the tray and grill.
- Assembly is super easy. In fact, you do not have to look at the instruction manual.
- The vertical bars on the front and back and horizontal bars on either sides allow you to place bird feeders without bothering you.
- The quality of the cage’s paint is top-notch. It’s almost entirely scratchless so you can afford to attach any extra perch with the string.
- The cage is big enough to allow your birdie to stretch its wings.
- The cage doesn’t seem to have any storage shelf at all.
YAHEETECH Rolling Open Top Medium Parrot Bird Cage for Small Birds Sun Parakeets Green Cheek Cockatiels Conures with Detachable Stand, Black
Cage with metal handle
Yet another smart choice for your cockatiels whether you plan to keep a pair or just a single birdie. The cage is made of robust metal frame with the mixture of hard plastic. These bars can’t be bent easily and the white anti-rust paint literally adds to its beauty. You’ll be pleased to know that the cage is portable for it offers metal handle. You can also hang it on the door or wall. Bird feeders and perches are also included. Super simple assembly and easy to clean.
- The cage has casters so you can easily push it to your desired place.
- It comes with three large doors.
- The bottom of the cage is removable making it super easy to clean.
- It has a metal handle with the help of which you can carry it to your garage.
- Unlike many other cages, this particular one comes with a reasonable storage shelf.
- Pretty reasonable price.
- The cage appears to be a temporary home for avian birds.
- It is ideal for cockatiels. Not suitable for smaller birds for they can escape within the bars.